Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tropical Floor Plant



Ok, so here it is. My photo of the dying plant in the Arts and Sciences building. The dull yellow leaves are from watering too much in the past, while the droop of the green leaves is caused by the present lack of water. I feel a pressing need to take over the care of this poor plant...

3 comments:

McGaffick Photography said...

I really like this picture ... the reflection of the plants off the floor, and the fact that you were able to get some detail in the shadows without using a flash :)

kirsch said...

the backlight is the magic of this photo. it gives life to the plants, to the composition. the composition is pretty strong- i might suggest a couple tweaks to it like a slight crop at the bottom. tonality is exquisite.
v.v.n.

Anonymous said...

Yes, ma'am. I remember caring for JCC plants on many occasions. ;) Your picture is wonderful, especially to someone who can just look at it and enjoy it. As with teaching and performing music, sometimes the pure joy of observation is lost when you know how to properly critique something. Though I do strongly believe critiquing (sp?) is essential for someone learning to improve their skills, it is often interesting to step back and try to see things through untrained eyes.